You are a self-starting, strong developer who excels in collaborative environments. You can use a variety of dynamic languages, tools, and frameworks to work on our industry leading products. You can be a part of a small, focused team working on adding features to existing applications, helping architect and design new feature set, as well as building and monitoring our production services.
You are passionate about clean code architecture and software craftsmanship, with good oral and written communication skills. You have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, with patience and strong attention to detail.
Skills and Experience We’re Looking for:
- 5+ years of development experience
- Experience with backend API development (Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Django,
- Phoenix, or Node)
- Experience with Git and GitHub or similar
- A strong grasp and experience with relational databases: Postgres or MySQL
- Comfortable working in the terminal
- Proficiency within an editor of your choice
- Experience with testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, QUnit, pytest or equivalent
- Consuming third party API’s like Google Maps/Places, Meetup, Twilio, etc.
Ideal Technical Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- 1+ years of experience with Ember.js
- Experience building production Ember.js applications
- Experience building production Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience mentoring, leading, or training other team members
- Experience testing with RSpec, Mirage, & QUnit
- Experience with cloud platforms: Heroku, AWS
What You’ll be Doing:
- Be part of a Full-Stack feature teams
- Design, architect, and ship features often
- Participate and be involved in product development meetings
- Participate in 15 minute standup meetings each day before lunch
- Other tasks and duties as needed
Life at Thrive; Having a positive, collaborative and supportive relationship between all of our team members is important to us.
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Health Insurance & Wellness Coverage
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Health & Fitness Allowance
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others
All applicants must be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with us. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.