Skills and Experience We’re Looking for:
- 5+ years of development experience
- Prior experience in developing single page applications - we use EmberJS
- Prior experience developing web applications using web frameworks - We use Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Git and GitHub or similar
- A strong grasp and experience with JSON data structures
- Comfortable working in the terminal
- Proficiency within an editor of your choice
- Experience with testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, QUnit, pytest or equivalent
- Consuming third party API’s like Google Maps/Places, Meetup, Twilio, etc.
Ideal Technical Experience:
- 1+ years of experience with Ember.js
- Experience building production Ember.js applications
- Experience mentoring, leading, or training other team members
- Experience testing with RSpec, Mirage, & QUnit
- Experience with cloud platforms: Heroku, AWS
What You’ll be Doing:
- Be part of a Full-Stack feature teams
- Design, architect, and ship features often
- Participate and be involved in product development meetings
- Participate in 15 minute standup meetings each day before lunch
- Other tasks and duties as needed
Life at Thrive; Having a positive, collaborative and supportive relationship between all of our team members is important to us.
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit
- MacBook Pro, Monitor etc. provided
- Health insurance & wellness coverage
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Health & Fitness Allowance
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others
All applicants must be authorized to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest in working with us. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
At Thrive we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please let us know.