The Thrive Career Wellness Platform is leading the Human Resources industry by providing businesses with an easy, efficient, and effective process to assist employee’s career transitions. Thrive is a revolutionary approach to career transition that focuses on what's best for both the employer and transitioning employees.
The Thrive Engineering Team is looking for an accomplished engineer with extensive leadership, development and architecture experience.
The lead software engineer is a critical part of our organization. As a member of an experienced engineering team, you will need to be able to cross boundaries easily and work collaboratively with highly effective individuals across the organization. You will be part of teams working at the forefront of outplacement and job search management technology
This role is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment life cycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Providing technical expertise and leadership in the design, development and delivery of product needs,while adhering to strict timelines, coding guidelines, deliverables, and quality
- Responsible for developing, testing and maintaining applications in accordance with specifications
- Participate in product-related projects, as well as projects to improve processing and automation
- Provide non-obvious solutions by researching problems while owning complex areas of the product, that require your ability to dive deep into the code
- Work on full-stack applications
- Work closely with our product team and engineering teams to understand the needs of our clients
Skills and Experience We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years experience delivering highly scalable, fault tolerant, supportable and well architected solutions
- Solid foundation in Object Oriented Programming
- Demonstrated experience in developing multithreaded applications
- Experience with performance and scalability engineering
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems, to provide guidance and instruction to others
- Ability to work independently to accomplish long-term, complex objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for clean, extensible and maintainable design and architecture
- Experience with researching proprietary and open formats, towards the goal of discovering new digital artifacts
- Strong fundamental knowledge of computer science algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Significant cloud platform experience, preferably with AWS
- Expert knowledge of database systems; relational, NoSQL
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
At Thrive we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please let us know.